There are multiple MiniMyth distribution versions available for download. In order to decide which one to download, it helps to understand the MiniMyth distribution's version.
The version consists of three parts separated by hyphens (-). The first part is the MythTV version number. The second part is the MiniMyth build system version number. The third part, which may or may not be present, is an extra version. For example, the version 0.24.1-78 means that this MiniMyth distribution contains MythTV 0.24.0 and was built using MiniMyth version 78.
You may have noticed that the MythTV version number and the MiniMyth build system version number are independent. This is done because the MiniMyth build system can build multiple versions of MythTV, depending on the MiniMyth build system configuration settings. For example, the MiniMyth distributions with the versions 0.23.1-78 and 0.24.1-78 would contain different versions of MythTV, but would have been built using the same MiniMyth build system.
Typically, the extra version is used to indicate that the MiniMyth distribution was built using one or more non-default MiniMyth build system configuration settings. Usually, this is done only when providing test builds for troubleshooting. As a result, stable MiniMyth distribution versions rarely have an extra version.
Each MiniMyth distribution version is a specific MiniMyth build system (the second part of the version number) compiled with a specific version of MythTV (the first part of the version number). When upgrading, I suggest that you upgrade the version of the MiniMyth build system and the version of MythTV separately. This enables you to better determine whether an upgrade problem is related to the version of the MiniMyth build system or the version of MythTV.
Therefore, when you decide to upgrade to a new version of MythTV, I suggest that you do this in two steps. In step one, upgrade to the version of MiniMyth that upgrades to the latest version of the MiniMyth build system without changing the version of MythTV. In step two, upgrade to the version of MiniMyth that upgrades to the version of the MiniMyth build system in step one and upgrades to the desired version of MythTV. If you encounter any problems after step one, then do not continue to step two until the problems resulting from step one have been resolved.
- Latest stable MiniMyth distribution
- A directory containing the latest stable MiniMyth distribution. The latest stable MiniMyth distribution is usually the latest stable version of the MiniMyth build system built with the latest stable version of MythTV. For the latest stable version of the MiniMyth build system built with a different MythTV version see the all stable MiniMyth distributions directory.
- Latest test MiniMyth distribution
- A directory containing the latest test MiniMyth distribution. The latest test MiniMyth distribution is usually the latest test version of the MiniMyth build system built with the latest stable version of MythTV. There is not always a latest test MiniMyth distribution. As result, this directory is sometimes empty.
- All stable MiniMyth distributions
- A directory containing all stable MiniMyth distributions that are currently available. The word "stable" refers to the MiniMyth build system version, not the MythTV version. Therefore, this directory may contain MiniMyth distributions that contain unstable MythTV versions.
- All test MiniMyth distributions
- A directory containing all test MiniMyth distributions that are currently available.
- MiniMyth's GAR build system's source files archive
- A directory mirroring some of the source code used by MiniMyth's GAR build system. This is done for two reasons. First, this is done to comply with software licenses that require the source to be made available to those whom the binary is made available (e.g. GPL and LGPL). Second, this is done to minimize the impact caused by the scheduled and unscheduled outages of servers (e.g. sourceforge.net). As a result, only a subset of the source code is mirrored here. If you feel that additional source code should be mirrored for either of the above two reasons, then please contact me (< mailto : webmaster at minimyth dot org >) and let me know.
- MiniMyth download directory
- The directory containing all the MiniMyth download directories.