Issues with mythstream after latest Daniel's mysql commits

Help with using MiniMyth's build system

Moderator: Pablo

warpme
Contributor

Issues with mythstream after latest Daniel's mysql commits

Post by warpme » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:19 pm

Pablo,
Week or two ago Daniel made really nice mysql stability enhancements (4dfcdb8d).
Unfortunately I'm not able to get successfully building & working mythstream after those commits
I think above commit is root cause for issues with building mythstream, but I'm too weak in C++/Qt to fix it myself.
May You look on mm building with latest master sources ?
Thx in advance !

Pablo
Site Admin

Re: Issues with mythstream after latest Daniel's mysql commi

Post by Pablo » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:44 am

Is it that you build fails, the running fails or few to none of the scraper scripts work?

If it is that the build fails, then I have created patch for that, which I can commit. In addition, when I apply the patch and run MythStream with MythTV 0.24 fixes, it runs. However, most of the scraper scripts have problems (which they have without the patch as well).

MythStream is getting rather long in the tooth. Keeping the scraper scripts up-to-date has been a challenge. Personally, I have not even tested any of them in months much less patch them. In addition, it appears the official MythNetvision plugin is intended to take over at least some of the MythStream functionality. However, I have not tried it.
MiniMyth running on an Acer ApireRevo 3610 and a Zotac ZBOX-ID80-U. Find out more at my MythTV page.

warpme
Contributor

Post by warpme » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:47 pm

Oh, sorry.
I wasn't clear enough.
I have failed build. Compiling stopped on DB initialization in storagehandlers.cpp AFAIR (I might be wrong with filename. Now I'm on vacations and can't check it exactly). Anyway I was able to correct it - but launched mythstream behaves like it don't have access to DB.
Regarding craper scripts: I'm interested only in base functionality of mythstream as I'm using it exclusively for listening internet radios.
Pablo - pls commit patch. Ill be back at home 24/08 and I'll be happy to test it.
Regarding mythnetvision: Indeed - sometime ago there was some mentions about mythnetvision ability to play internet radios - but can't find way how to use it for such purposes (namely listening streaming audio sources).
If there is any hidden such functionality within mythnetvision - I would love to learn !
Thx for Your great support and quick response to my post.

Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:19 am

I have committed the patch.
MiniMyth running on an Acer ApireRevo 3610 and a Zotac ZBOX-ID80-U. Find out more at my MythTV page.

warpme
Contributor

Post by warpme » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:05 am

Pablo,
Patch working perfectly. Thx !