synchronizing using DRM vblank

Ask for new features here.

Moderator: Pablo

bam
Contributor

synchronizing using DRM vblank

Post by bam » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:11 pm

Pablo, are you aware of the good news? :wink: Seems like a vsync using drm works again at least on kernel 2.6.31 from minimyth 0.21.0-70b4! I just throw away the mythtv-0.21-disable_drm_vsync.patch and mythtv works seamlessly using drm vsync so far! On the earlier kernels from 2.6.28 and grater it was indeed impossible to view on the VIA video hardware using drm vsync due to jerky playback. You can switch the feature back on so that other could test it.
P.S.: and yes, I've VIA video hardware - my mobo is epia me6000

Pablo
Site Admin

Re: synchronizing using DRM vblank

Post by Pablo » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:17 pm

bam wrote:Pablo, are you aware of the good news? :wink: Seems like a vsync using drm works again at least on kernel 2.6.31 from minimyth 0.21.0-70b4! I just throw away the mythtv-0.21-disable_drm_vsync.patch and mythtv works seamlessly using drm vsync so far! On the earlier kernels from 2.6.28 and grater it was indeed impossible to view on the VIA video hardware using drm vsync due to jerky playback. You can switch the feature back on so that other could test it.
P.S.: and yes, I've VIA video hardware - my mobo is epia me6000
Yes, I am aware of the good news. I had even patched the 2.6.30 kernel so that it would have the support as well. I had not removed the disable_vsync.patch because I had not gotten around to reconnecting my VIA VIA SP8000E so that I could test it. However, since you have tested it, I will go ahead and make the change so that others can test it as well.
MiniMyth running on an Acer ApireRevo 3610 and a Zotac ZBOX-ID80-U. Find out more at my MythTV page.

bam
Contributor

Re: synchronizing using DRM vblank

Post by bam » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:59 pm

by the way, it's sounds like a joke, but minimyth 0.21.0-70b4 WITH 0.21-disable_drm_vsync.patch on my hardware plays as jerky as if it would be the earlier minimyth WITHOUT the patch. It was so similar that my first thought was - hmm, it's something wrong with the vsync again.. That is how I decided to try to remove the patch. And I guess it! :)