Disable theme handling for 0.25

Ask for new features here.

Moderator: Pablo

Glidos
Contributor

Disable theme handling for 0.25

Post by Glidos » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:09 am

For those using 0.25 and using NFS shares (for music and videos say), it would be easier to also mount /home/minimyth/.mythtv/themes as a writable share and have minimyth not involved in theme selection at all. As far as I can tell, the only barrier to doing that in the current code is the value "" not being valid for MM_THEME_NAME. I was
going to try altering MM_THEME.pm changing

Code: Select all

value_valid => '.+'
to

Code: Select all

value_valid => '.*'
Is that right? I just wanted to ask before doing an 8 hour minimyth build. :)

Also is there an easy way I can avoid having to do a build, and instead just alter the existing ram release? Can I easily extract rootfs, alter it and rebuild it? I used to use the nfs release which was really easy to alter, but that ran into problems causing playback glitches.

Glidos
Contributor

Re: Disable theme handling for 0.25

Post by Glidos » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:18 pm

Ah right: it's squashfs of course. Well I tried it out, and it seems to work fine. I can now just change themes via the menus and they stick through a reboot. Any chance this change can be taken on? If so, it might be better if I had to explicitly set MM_THEME_NAME to none. That way new minimyth users would still get a warning for just not setting it at all.

Glidos
Contributor

Re: Disable theme handling for 0.25

Post by Glidos » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:17 am

For anyone else wanting to do this, I should mention that for it to work sensibly, you also need /home/minimyth/.mythtv/themecache mounted to a writable share - although really you need that anyway if you display metadata and you don't want to repeatedly save your theme cache.