MiniMyth is a real enabler

More general comments, including Off Topic.

Moderator: Pablo

Tom Brown

MiniMyth is a real enabler

Post by Tom Brown » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:39 am

Without MiniMyth, I would be trying to cool and keep quiet a hard disk, not to mention having to back up the installation.

Between MiniMyth and the current generation of onboard video, PC based PVRs run cool and quiet. They really need to be appliances and that's what MiniMyth provides.

Brilliant work, gentlemen. I tip my hat to you and thank you for the countless hours you've invested.

:)

Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:07 am

Thank you for the kind words.

The goal has been to make the solution more like an appliance and less like a computer. There are still things that are too computer like for my liking, so there is still work to do.
MiniMyth running on an Acer ApireRevo 3610 and a Zotac ZBOX-ID80-U. Find out more at my MythTV page.

I Use Dial

Re: MiniMyth is a real enabler

Post by I Use Dial » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:13 am

Tom Brown wrote:Without MiniMyth, I would be trying to cool and keep quiet a hard disk, not to mention having to back up the installation.

Between MiniMyth and the current generation of onboard video, PC based PVRs run cool and quiet. They really need to be appliances and that's what MiniMyth provides.

Brilliant work, gentlemen. I tip my hat to you and thank you for the countless hours you've invested.

:)
I agree. Where's the donate button?

Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:34 am

I am glad you find MiniMyth helpful.

I work on MiniMyth for fun and for my own use. Were people to give me any money for it, I would feel some obligation to them. Therefore, there is no donate button.
MiniMyth running on an Acer ApireRevo 3610 and a Zotac ZBOX-ID80-U. Find out more at my MythTV page.

Glidos
Contributor

Post by Glidos » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:44 pm

I too was looking for a donate button. I was just thinking that Minimyth probably costs you money over and above what it would if your were developing it just for your self. Still, I respect your decision.