'MM_VIDEO_DEINTERLACE_ENABLED' is obsolete?

Help with booting MiniMyth

Moderator: Pablo

scooter

'MM_VIDEO_DEINTERLACE_ENABLED' is obsolete?

Post by scooter » Thu May 31, 2007 7:19 am

Howdy everyone.

With ram-minimyth-0.20.1-26b17 I'm seeing this.

error: 'minimyth.conf' is out of date. 'MM_VIDEO_DEINTERLACE_ENABLED' is obsolete.

I looked at the change log and didn't see anything.

Is there a replacemet for this? I'm having to go in manually
after ever reboot and set the deinterlace to bob.

Thanks

Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo » Thu May 31, 2007 5:09 pm

It is in the current changelog. However, that doesn't mean much, since I might have added it after the change (I often forget to update the changelog and end up updating it a few commits later).

Anyway, MM_VIDEO_DEINTERLACE_ENABLED has been replaced with MM_VIDEO_DEINTERLACER, which allows you to set the specific deinterlacer. If you want the old behavior, then set it to 'auto'.

The text from the documentation is:

MM_VIDEO_DEINTERLACER

Specify the video deinterlacer to use. Valid values are 'none', 'auto', 'bob', 'kernel', 'linear-blend' and 'one-field', with 'none' the default.

If the value is 'none', then video deinterlacing will be disabled.

If the value is 'auto', then MiniMyth will pick the 'best' video deinterlacer based on the other MiniMyth configuration settings.

While all video deinterlacers are supported by MythTV's internal video player, they may not be supported by the external video players (MPlayer and Xine). If the selected video deinterlacer is not supported by a particular particular external video player, then MiniMyth picks a reasonable substitute.
MiniMyth running on an Acer ApireRevo 3610 and a Zotac ZBOX-ID80-U. Find out more at my MythTV page.

scooter

Post by scooter » Thu May 31, 2007 7:10 pm

Thanks Pablo! I hope I conveyed properly that I wasn't bustin your chops about not updating the change log. More that I tried to do my own research before posting ;)

The new method looks much better, thanks for the details.

Also, aside from looking at the source code, is there some place I could reference for these changes?

Scott
Pablo wrote:It is in the current changelog. However, that doesn't mean much, since I might have added it after the change (I often forget to update the changelog and end up updating it a few commits later).

Anyway, MM_VIDEO_DEINTERLACE_ENABLED has been replaced with MM_VIDEO_DEINTERLACER, which allows you to set the specific deinterlacer. If you want the old behavior, then set it to 'auto'.

The text from the documentation is:

MM_VIDEO_DEINTERLACER

Specify the video deinterlacer to use. Valid values are 'none', 'auto', 'bob', 'kernel', 'linear-blend' and 'one-field', with 'none' the default.

If the value is 'none', then video deinterlacing will be disabled.

If the value is 'auto', then MiniMyth will pick the 'best' video deinterlacer based on the other MiniMyth configuration settings.

While all video deinterlacers are supported by MythTV's internal video player, they may not be supported by the external video players (MPlayer and Xine). If the selected video deinterlacer is not supported by a particular particular external video player, then MiniMyth picks a reasonable substitute.

Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo » Thu May 31, 2007 7:20 pm

scooter wrote:Thanks Pablo! I hope I conveyed properly that I wasn't bustin your chops about not updating the change log. More that I tried to do my own research before posting ;)
You conveyed it properly.
The new method looks much better, thanks for the details.

Also, aside from looking at the source code, is there some place I could reference for these changes?
In general, the changelog included in the MiniMyth image should reflect the changes that are made. If the changelog indicates that there is a change to minimyth.conf, then the other documentation included in the MiniMyth image should reflect the changes. As always, you can access the documentation by pointing a browser at your frontend.
MiniMyth running on an Acer ApireRevo 3610 and a Zotac ZBOX-ID80-U. Find out more at my MythTV page.