G.A.N.T..sfs failed

Help with booting MiniMyth

Moderator: Pablo

edboston

G.A.N.T..sfs failed

Post by edboston » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:29 am

I'm about ready to give this whole system a good swift kick in the ASCII! I am trying to get minimyth to boot from a CF card and am getting almost to the end of the boot sequence when I get this error:
error: mount of 'MM_THEME_URL=hunt:themes/G.A.N.T..sfs' failed.
I have tried everything I can think of to resolve this but with no luck. I have changed the name of the theme to use to something other than GANT, but I still get that error message. Thinking the file may have been corrupted, I renamed another theme to GANT but still get the errors. I have tried leaving the URL config blank and several other locations with no luck.

This setup worked fine when booting over the network using both NFS and RAM for the root drive. It is only giving me the problem when booting from the CF card.

A search of this board and googling for MM_THEME_URL seems to indicate I'm the lucky one with this error.

Here is my config file I am using:

Code: Select all

################################################################################
# minimyth.conf
#
# The required MiniMyth configuration file.
#
# For information on this file, see either
# <http>
# or
# <http>,
# where '{frontend}' is the IPv4 address or hostname of your MiniMyth frontend.
################################################################################

# MiniMyth variables.
#
# MM_MINIMYTH_FETCH_MINIMYTH_SCRIPT

# MiniMyth update variables.
#
# MM_UPDATE_URL

# DHCP overrides variables.
#
MM_HOSTNAME='MythTV-FE4'
MM_DOMAIN='econuts.com'
MM_DNS_SERVERS='192.168.0.1'
MM_NTP_SERVERS='64.7.210.145'
# MM_LOG_SERVERS
MM_TZ='America/Los_Angeles'
# MM_NTP_FAILURE_ACTION

# CPU frequency scaling variables.
#
# MM_CPUFREQ_GOVERNOR

# Audio configuration variables.
#
# MM_AUDIO_TYPE
# MM_AUDIO_CARD_NUMBER
# MM_AUDIO_DEVICE_NUMBER
#MM_AUDIO_TYPE='digital'

# Video configurion variables.
#
# MM_VIDEO_ASPECT_RATIO
# MM_VIDEO_DEINTERLACER
# MM_VIDEO_FONT_SCALE
# MM_VIDEO_MPEG2_DECODER
# MM_VIDEO_RESIZE_ENABLED
#MM_VIDEO_ASPECT_RATIO='16x9'
#MM_VIDEO_DEINTERLACER='auto'

# X configuration variables.
#
# MM_X_ENABLED
# MM_X_WM_ENABLED
# MM_X_VNC_ENABLED
# MM_X_SCREENSAVER
# MM_X_SCREENSAVER_HACK
# MM_X_MYTH_PROGRAM
# MM_X_OUTPUT_DVI
MM_X_OUTPUT_VGA='auto'
# MM_X_OUTPUT_TV='auto'
MM_X_TV_TYPE='NTSC'
MM_X_TV_OUTPUT='S-Video'
# MM_X_TV_OVERSCAN
# MM_X_SYNC
# MM_X_REFRESH
# MM_X_RESOLUTION
# MM_X_MODELINE
MM_X_MODE='auto'
# MM_X_MODELINE_0
# MM_X_MODELINE_1
# MM_X_MODELINE_2
# MM_X_MODE_0
# MM_X_MODE_1
# MM_X_MODE_2
# MM_X_HACK_HIDE_BLUE_LINE_ENABLED
# MM_X_FETCH_XINITRC
# MM_X_FETCH_XORG_CONF

# Font configuration variables.
#
# MM_FONT_FILE_TTF_ADD
# MM_FONT_FILE_TTF_DELETE

# MythTV master backend communication configuration variables.
#
MM_MASTER_SERVER='192.168.0.150'
MM_MASTER_DBUSERNAME='mythtv'
MM_MASTER_DBPASSWORD='mythtv'
MM_MASTER_DBNAME='mythconverg'
# MM_MASTER_WOL_ENABLED
# MM_MASTER_WOL_MAC
# MM_MASTER_WOLSQLRECONNECTWAITTIME
# MM_MASTER_WOLSQLCONNECTRETRY
# MM_MASTER_WOLSQLCOMMAND
# MM_MASTER_WOL_ADDITIONAL_DELAY

# Myth plugin configuration variables.
#
MM_MYTHTV_OPTICAL_DISK_ENABLED='yes'
MM_MYTHAUDIO_ENABLED='yes'
MM_MYTHBROWSER_ENABLED='no'
MM_MYTHDVD_ENABLED='yes'
MM_MYTHGALLERY_ENABLED='yes'
MM_MYTHGAME_ENABLED='no'
MM_MYTHMUSIC_ENABLED='yes'
MM_MYTHNEWS_ENABLED='no'
MM_MYTHPHONE_ENABLED='no'
MM_MYTHSTREAM_ENABLED='yes'
MM_MYTHVIDEO_ENABLED='yes'
MM_MYTHWEATHER_ENABLED='yes'
MM_MYTHZONEMINDER_ENABLED='yes'

# Extras directory configuration variables.
#
# MM_EXTRAS_URL

# Codecs directory configuration variables.
#
# MM_CODECS_URL

# Theme configuration variables.
#
MM_THEME_NAME='G.A.N.T.'
MM_THEMEOSD_NAME='Titivillus-OSD'
# MM_THEME_URL
# MM_THEMEOSD_URL
# MM_THEMECACHE_URL

# Remote media directory configuration variables.
#
# MM_MYTHAUDIO_MOUNTPOINT
# MM_MYTHAUDIO_URL
# MM_MYTHDVD_MOUNTPOINT
# MM_MYTHDVD_URL
# MM_MYTHGALLERY_MOUNTPOINT='/MythMedia/Pictures'
MM_MYTHGALLERY_URL='nfs://192.168.0.150/MythMedia/Pictures'
# MM_MYTHGAME_MOUNTPOINT
# MM_MYTHGAME_URL
# MM_MYTHMUSIC_MOUNTPOINT='/MythMedia/Music'
MM_MYTHMUSIC_URL='nfs://192.168.0.150/MythMedia/Music'
# MM_MYTHVIDEO_MOUNTPOINT='/MythMedia/Videos'
MM_MYTHVIDEO_URL='nfs://192.168.0.150/MythMedia/Videos'

# Game configuration variables.
#
# MM_GAME_SAVE_ENABLE
# MM_GAME_SAVE_LIST
# MM_GAME_BIOS_ROOT
# MM_GAME_GAME_ROOT

# LIRC configuration variables.
#
# MM_LIRC_DRIVER
# MM_LIRC_REMOTE
# MM_LIRC_DEVICE
# MM_LIRC_KERNEL_MODULE
# MM_LIRC_KERNEL_MODULE_OPTIONS
# MM_LIRC_IREXEC_ENABLED
# MM_LIRC_FETCH_LIRCD_CONF
# MM_LIRC_FETCH_LIRCRC

# LCDPROC configuration variables.
#
# MM_LCDPROC_DRIVER
# MM_LCDPROC_FETCH_LIRCD_CONF

# SSH remote command execution configuration variables.
#
# MM_SSH_HOST
# MM_SSH_USER
# MM_SSH_PREFIX_MAP
# MM_SSH_FETCH_ID_RSA

# Cron configuration variables.
#
# MM_CRON_FETCH_CRONTAB

# MiniMyth Myth frontend configuration variables.
#
# MM_MYTHDB_JUMPPOINTS_{key}
# MM_MYTHDB_KEYBINDINGS_{key}
# MM_MYTHDB_SETTINGS_{key}
#MM_MYTHDB_JUMPPOINTS_MythGallery='MythGallery~Alt+G'
#MM_MYTHDB_JUMPPOINTS_Play_music='Play music~Alt+M'
#MM_MYTHDB_JUMPPOINTS_MythStream='MythStream~Alt+S'
#MM_MYTHDB_JUMPPOINTS_TV_Recording_Playback='TV Recording Playback~Alt+T'
#MM_MYTHDB_JUMPPOINTS_MythVideo='MythVideo~Alt+V'

#MM_MYTHDB_KEYBINDINGS_Music_FFWD='Music~FFWD~)'
#MM_MYTHDB_KEYBINDINGS_Music_RWND='Music~RWND~('
#MM_MYTHDB_KEYBINDINGS_Stream_FULLSCREEN='Stream~FULLSCREEN~W'
#MM_MYTHDB_KEYBINDINGS_TV_Playback_SEEKFFWD='TV Playback~SEEKFFWD~),Right'
#MM_MYTHDB_KEYBINDINGS_TV_Playback_SEEKRWND='TV Playback~SEEKRWND~(,Left'

#MM_MYTHDB_SETTINGS_GalleryMoviePlayerCmd='GalleryMoviePlayerCmd~xine -pfhq --no-splash --loop=loop'
#MM_MYTHDB_SETTINGS_VCDPlayerCommand='VCDPlayerCommand~xine -pfhq --no-splash  --loop=loop vcd://'
#MM_MYTHDB_SETTINGS_VideoDefaultPlayer='VideoDefaultPlayer~xine -pfhq --no-splash --loop=loop'
:cry:

redcane

Post by redcane » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:45 am

It seems like it is doing it's normal search for the SFS file, which general involves looking on NFS or TFTP..... Can you telnet into the machine to take a look at all?

Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:12 am

Could you add MM_DEBUG=yes to the boot line and see whether or not there is any useful information in /var/log/minimyth.log?
MiniMyth running on an Acer ApireRevo 3610 and a Zotac ZBOX-ID80-U. Find out more at my MythTV page.

edboston

Post by edboston » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:29 pm

redcane wrote:It seems like it is doing it's normal search for the SFS file, which general involves looking on NFS or TFTP..... Can you telnet into the machine to take a look at all?
Yes, I can telnet in. Everything looks fine that I can tell.

edboston

Post by edboston » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:30 pm

Well, I figured out what was happening. For some reason, it was still loading all the config files via tftp and not the local CF card. When I remove the tftp files, it doesn't find the minimyth.conf file. So, I think I have the original problem solved. Now on to the next one.

Follow up: After doing some other reading, found the problem. Was related to the little documented dhcp booting. Because there was a file parameter associated with the dhcp entry from when I was doing some network boot testing, it kept trying to boot from the network. Once I removed that option, it fired right up off the CF card.

jyrkipes

Post by jyrkipes » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:57 am

I had same problem but different (fairly lame) reason:

In minimyth.conf it said:

MM_THEME_NAME='G.A.N.T.'
and the error said

error: mount of 'MM_THEME_URL=hunt:themes/G.A.N.T..sfs' failed.
So finally once I looked more carefully and saw two dots... typo it is, that's all.

For no real reason I did this:

ln -s ./G.A.N.T.sfs ./G.A.N.T..sfs
Proper way would have been to fix the name of the theme in minimyth.conf though :oops:

Works for me.

Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:44 pm

I have added a check to the init script to warn users of the incorrect 'G.A.N.T.' theme name that they need to update MM_THEME_NAME. In addition, I fix MM_THEME_NAME for them so that it should continue to boot.
MiniMyth running on an Acer ApireRevo 3610 and a Zotac ZBOX-ID80-U. Find out more at my MythTV page.