Page 1 of 1

Upgrading to 0.20.2-59

Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:52 am
by broen
Finally got around to upgrading my minimyth setup from 37 to 59, and I keep running into an error as minimyth loads. The messages are:

Code: Select all

MM_THEME_NAME='' is not valid
MM_THEMEOSD_NAME='' is not valid
That might be a little off, I'm reciting from memory. Also, I'm not sure if those are double single quotes or single double quotes -- I can't telnet in to copy the log (I assume the telnet server hasn't yet started).

I have two frontends with completely disparate hardware, and it's the same on both. Everything was working great on version 37. The error also occurred when I tried using a blank minimyth.conf, and then using the example minimyth.conf provided. After deleting the minimyth.conf file it complained that the file could not be found. I also tried switching to 0.21-59 (with my original minimyth.conf) and the error persisted.

If someone has any idea what's going on or what I can try next I would be very thankful.

Cheers,
Broen

Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:57 am
by Pablo
Please post your minimyth.conf file.

Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:04 am
by broen
This is the minimyth.conf for the SP8000E frontend:

Code: Select all

/usr/bin/test ! -e /etc/minimyth.d/minimyth-common.conf \
    && /bin/mkdir -p /etc/minimyth.d                     \
    && mm_confro_get minimyth-common.conf /etc/minimyth.d/minimyth-common.conf
/usr/bin/test -e /etc/minimyth.d/minimyth-common.conf \
    && . /etc/minimyth.d/minimyth-common.conf

MM_AUDIO_TYPE='analog'

MM_VIDEO_DEINTERLACER='auto'
MM_VIDEO_MPEG2_DECODER='auto'

# Use for S-Video Output
MM_VIDEO_ASPECT_RATIO='16:9'
MM_X_OUTPUT_DVI='none'
MM_X_OUTPUT_VGA='none'
MM_X_OUTPUT_TV='auto'
MM_X_RESOLUTION='720x480'

# Use for DVI Output
#MM_VIDEO_ASPECT_RATIO='16:9'
#MM_X_OUTPUT_DVI='auto'
#MM_X_OUTPUT_VGA='none'
#MM_X_OUTPUT_TV='none'
#MM_X_RESOLUTION='1368x768'
and minimyth-common.conf:

Code: Select all

MM_MASTER_SERVER='10.0.1.10'
MM_MASTER_DBUSERNAME='mythtv'
MM_MASTER_DBPASSWORD='mythtv'
MM_MASTER_DBNAME='mythconverg'

#MM_SECURITY_ENABLED='yes'
#MM_SSH_SERVER_ENABLED='yes'

MM_MYTHTV_OPTICAL_DISK_ENABLED='yes'
MM_MYTHAUDIO_ENABLED='no'
MM_MYTHBROWSER_ENABLED='no'
MM_MYTHDVD_ENABLED='yes'
MM_MYTHGALLERY_ENABLED='yes'
MM_MYTHMUSIC_ENABLED='yes'
MM_MYTHNEWS_ENABLED='yes'
MM_MYTHPHONE_ENABLED='no'
MM_MYTHSTREAM_ENABLED='no'
MM_MYTHVIDEO_ENABLED='yes'
MM_MYTHWEATHER_ENABLED='yes'
MM_MYTHZONEMINDER_ENABLED='no'

MM_EXTRAS_URL='auto'
MM_CODECS_URL='auto'

MM_THEME_NAME='blue'
MM_THEMEOSD_NAME='Titivillus-OSD'
#MM_THEME_NAME='Titivillus'
#MM_THEMEOSD_NAME='Retro-OSD'

MM_X_SCREENSAVER='xscreensaver'
MM_X_SCREENSAVER_TIMEOUT='5'
MM_X_SCREENSAVER_HACK='glslideshow'

MM_MYTHVIDEO_MOUNTPOINT='/var/lib/mythtv/videos'
MM_MYTHVIDEO_URL="nfs://${MM_TFTP_SERVER}/var/lib/mythtv/videos"
MM_MYTHGALLERY_MOUNTPOINT='/var/lib/mythtv/pictures'
MM_MYTHGALLERY_URL="nfs://${MM_TFTP_SERVER}/var/lib/mythtv/pictures"
MM_MYTHMUSIC_MOUNTPOINT='/var/lib/mythtv/music'
MM_MYTHMUSIC_URL="nfs://${MM_TFTP_SERVER}/var/lib/mythtv/music"

MM_LIRC_AUTO_ENABLED='no'
MM_LIRC_DRIVER='tira'
MM_LIRC_DEVICE='/dev/ttyUSB0'
MM_LIRC_FETCH_LIRCD_CONF='yes'
MM_LIRC_FETCH_LIRCRC='yes'

Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:24 am
by Pablo
I see the problem. With 59, MiniMyth switched from using sh init scripts to using perl init scripts by default. Unlike the sh init scripts, the perl init scripts do not make the /etc/rc.d/functions available to minimyth.conf. Therefore, mm_confro_get will not work.

However, you can replace your lines that check for, fetch and include your minimyth-common.conf file with the line

Code: Select all

mm_minimyth_conf_include minimyth-common.conf
Alternatively, you can replace the

Code: Select all

mm_confro_get minimyth-common.conf /etc/minimyth.d/minimyth-common.conf 
command with the

Code: Select all

/usr/bin/mm_command confro_get minimyth-common.conf /etc/minimyth.d/minimyth-common.conf 
command. Either should work with both sh and perl init scripts.

Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:15 pm
by broen
Thank you, both seem to work just fine. After getting past that error, I ran into the Qt 3.x MySQL plugin problem as described in another post, but upgrading to version 60b2 got it up and running.

Thank you again, Pablo.

Cheers,
Broen