hunt not search the correct locations

Help with booting MiniMyth

Moderator: Pablo

Guierrmo

hunt not search the correct locations

Post by Guierrmo » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:32 pm

Using ram-minimyth-0.22-70 with gPXE and http, minimyth is not "hunt"ing the correct locations for the Theme files.

From the apache logs the "ram" portion of the directory name is truncated:
GET /gPXE/minimyth-0.22.0-70/themes/Terra.sfs
Specifying the theme urls fixes the issue. Small issue with an easy work around.

Pablo
Site Admin

Re: hunt not search the correct locations

Post by Pablo » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:12 am

It is not truncated. It is guessing the wrong name. See http://www.minimyth.org/document-boot.h ... k-gpxe-ram
MiniMyth running on an Acer ApireRevo 3610 and a Zotac ZBOX-ID80-U. Find out more at my MythTV page.

Guierrmo

Post by Guierrmo » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:43 am

I guess different logic is used with tftp/PXE booting, as this was not an issue before switching to HTTP/gPXE. I just extract the tar balls into the PXE directory and update the version in the pxelinux.cfg file. I will start renaming the extracted directory, removing the "ram-" portion, as clearly stated in the documentation.

Thanks.

Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:04 am

Guierrmo wrote:I guess different logic is used with tftp/PXE booting, as this was not an issue before switching to HTTP/gPXE. I just extract the tar balls into the PXE directory and update the version in the pxelinux.cfg file. I will start renaming the extracted directory, removing the "ram-" portion, as clearly stated in the documentation..
Yes. pxelinux passes an initrd to the operating system when it boots. gpxe linux does not. As a result, when using pxelinux, MIniMyth knows the directory. However, when using gxpe, MiniMyth has to guess.
MiniMyth running on an Acer ApireRevo 3610 and a Zotac ZBOX-ID80-U. Find out more at my MythTV page.