NetBox Video issues - Black Screen

Help with booting MiniMyth

Moderator: Pablo

bcromwell
Contributor

NetBox Video issues - Black Screen

Post by bcromwell » Sun May 02, 2010 2:37 am

Could use some advice if anyone has any ideas. Just bought one of those Foxconn Netbox's (Builtin Nvidia Video Card) , Found out that the nic wasn't supported until 0.22.0-73b9, so I downloaded and that allowed pxe boot to continue. Now as soon a X starts the screen goes black. I have tried everything including creating a custom xorg.conf and pulling that on boot. The TV does see the signal as 1080p just the screen is black. If I use vnc I see that the screen is sitting at the "Select your preferred language screen" and the remote will let me move up and down.
I am pretty sure my xorg.conf is good and the modline worked in a different system on the same TV, Even though though minimyth and my custom xorg.conf do the exact same thing.

bcromwell
Contributor

Re: NetBox Video issues - Black Screen

Post by bcromwell » Mon May 03, 2010 2:58 am

Finally!! I figured it out.. This NetBox defaults to DFP-0 even though nothing is connected to the DVI port. Forcing DFP-1 in the xorg.conf fixed it and after more testing MM_X_OUTPUT_HDMI='1' also fixes it without needing a xorg.conf. Just incase someone else buys this box. So far I am only able to get the analog audio working, audio over hdmi doesn't. If I figure that out I will reply here.

Also a great big thank you to Pablo for maintaining and supporting minimyth for all of these years!!

bcromwell
Contributor

Post by bcromwell » Mon May 03, 2010 4:40 pm

Got hmdi audio working so I figured I would post up incase someone else buys this kick a$$ little box.

aplay -l will let you see all of your audio devices, which helped tell me I had to use card 0 device 3.

MM_AUDIO_TYPE='digital'
MM_AUDIO_CARD_NUMBER='auto'
MM_AUDIO_DEVICE_NUMBER='3'

Pablo
Site Admin

Post by Pablo » Tue May 11, 2010 3:19 pm

I am glad that you were able to get everything working. Thanks for taking the time to post how you did so.
MiniMyth running on an Acer ApireRevo 3610 and a Zotac ZBOX-ID80-U. Find out more at my MythTV page.