Does anyone have a DVI module working with minimyth? I have a EK10000G with a DVI-03 module and cannot get X to output to the TV connected to the DVI port at all. The POST and boot splash display fine but not X.
I've posted to the openchrome mailing list and got a few replies but nothing that helped me to get it working.
I saw a post by someone with a SP series board which should have the same chipset and they had it working but there isn't much info around.
Anyone know if this is supported or not or if there is something that I am doing wrong?
Here are the config and logs from minimyth;
I'd be very grateful for any pointers.
However I haven't tested very fully . . . I need to do a backend upgrade before I can test TV viewing. (Todays job?)
I created a temporary knoppmyth backend on a spare box (with no tuners) to test mythvideo and had problems with the internal player (green lines all over the display) but using either mplayer or xine resolved this.
When I got my box back from them I fired up minimyth and now I could see the boot and minimyth loading on the TV via a DVI connector but as soon as X started the screen went blank. I tried a few things but could not get X to work, so I put it on the back burner and used the VGA connection instead.
I recently decided to try again, so it set up the box in the workshop connected to my Dell monitor via a DVI cable I booted it up expecting to see nothing, but lo and behold I had an X display. The resolution was a bit off, but it was working. The funny thing was that I still had minimyth.conf set up for VGA output. Experiementation proved that I could only get reliable DVI ouput provided I did NOT set MM_X_OUTPUT_DVI, did not do any messing about with VBEModes, and left MM_X_OUTPUT_VGA='auto'.
So I connected it back to the TV, still no output on the dvi, but it was a black screen rather than "no signal". So it must be the modeline.
Next step I connected a windows PC to the TV and ran moninfo (http://www.entechtaiwan.com/files/moninfo.exe). I checked the modeline it gave me and it looked identical to the one I was using. I then noticed one small difference I had +Hsync +Vsync, moninfo gave +hsync +vsync. I changed them to all lower case and it all burst into life. Strange that it worked on the Dell. The OpenChrome driver must be picky.
For info the MM_X_MODELINE that worked for the Samsung was.
"1360x768" 85.5 1360 1424 1536 1792 768 771 777 795 +hsync +vsync"
Messing about trying to derive 1080p modelines did not work.
So my conclusion on DVI-02 daughter boards is:
Dont tell the OpenChrome driver to use DVI it will fail with the "Panel not found" message;
The OpenChrome driver cannot read any EDID data via the DVI connector, you must supply a valid modeline found out by some other means;
If you cannot see DVI output of the boot process then reflash the 1.07 bios;
Oh and you must have the jumpers fitted I mentioned earlier in this thread.