Zotac IONITX - Wake on USB

Ask for hardware advice here

Moderator: Pablo

jangi
Contributor

Zotac IONITX - Wake on USB

Post by jangi » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:56 am

This is surely one for the books.... I have a new IONITX-B-E frontend that works Beautifully. I just finished banging my head against the "Wake on USB" wall and thought I'd share my results.

I have the newer board revision (with the J3 jumper) that supports Wake on USB. Somehow that translated to "Wake immediately!" for me, and many others judging by the googling I've done. The system goes to sleep, then immediately wakes up. Very annoying. Also very easily fixed if you don't care about USB speed.... Disabling USB 2.0 support fixes the problem. Don't know what (can't even really imagine), but changing that one BIOS setting allows it to sleep peacefully.

As for waking up, assuming /proc/acpi/wakeup has the correct option enabled (mine was by default), it should work if J3 is in the default position. If you have an MCE/compatible iR receiver, and it doesn't seem to be working, make sure you use an MCE remote, and push the power button. I had stuffed the original MCE remote in a drawer in favor of a much nicer (IMHO) remote, and couldn't figure out why my machine wouldn't wake up. I stumbled across the an article that had the answer... I guess it makes sense that a stray iR signal shouldn't trigger a wake-up, but now I have to come up with a different remote. Oh well, at least it works.

So there you have it... this board (or I suppose the MCE rx could be at fault) needs USB 2.0 disabled for ACPI sleep to work. Go figure.

stueble

Re: Zotac IONITX - Wake on USB

Post by stueble » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:16 pm

Hi,

maybe this is off topic, but for my IONITX-C-E, USB resume worked by (1) enabling USB0 in /proc/acpi/wakeup, (2) using 'usbcore.autosuspend=-1' as kernel command line, and using the (lowest) USB port below the PS/2 connector.

Regards,
Chris

plaressa

Re: Zotac IONITX - Wake on USB

Post by plaressa » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:46 pm

How do you keep USB or AV ports on your computer or stereo dust free? Or is there such thing like a cap that can be "plugged" into those extra ports to keep them clean and keep them from even getting oxide?