19beta3 dvb (non-hdtv)

Announce/Discuss projects you are working on for MiniMyth

Moderator: Pablo

brtab395

19beta3 dvb (non-hdtv)

Post by brtab395 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:35 pm

Has anybody been successful getting any of the new beta versions to display livetv using digital video? I have multiple tuners from the backend that play fine. The other tuners are PVR250s and a PVR350.

The system responds with the OSD of the channel but never displays any video. The screen eventually (after a minute or so) goes blank, displays the mythtv main menu, and then flips to one of the other tuners. Video and audio is displayed fine from these other tuners.

The dvb stream plays fine on two other frontend systems that are running .19 software from atrpms. Dvb was never run successfully prior to .19 so it's unsure if there is a db setting that is holding things up. However, the failing frontend system has been removed from the database and reinitialized.

Any verification that somebody has gotten dvb to display on current versions of minimyth and/or pointers are appreciated.

juski
Contributor

Post by juski » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:04 pm

Not live TV, but my DVB recordings all work fine.

Oh, I'm not running beta3 yet.. only beta2
The words 'digital' and 'quality' are not synonymous

kdewaal
Contributor

Post by kdewaal » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:56 am

Yes, I can view DVB-C live TV received with a TwinHan Cab-CI card.
Frontend is the 0.19beta3 (downloaded binaries).
Backend is MythTV-0.19 recompiled myself (with a patch for the conditional access applied).
It takes a long time to start watching TV. Usually the first try the frontend times out, then starting Watch TV the second time it goes OK.

pleeke
Contributor

Post by pleeke » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:51 am

Just to answer the OP, I have live tv working fine with dvb-t. very occiasonally live tv gets broken at program boundries (i guess an issue with the new live tv code in myth), but simply leaving and re-entering live tv and all is good again. It seems to take about 10 sec to start live tv from the main menu, which is a good deal slower than on a local frontend/backend unit though.

eztoril

Twinhan Cab CI and MythTV support...

Post by eztoril » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:39 pm

kdewaal wrote:Yes, I can view DVB-C live TV received with a TwinHan Cab-CI card.
Frontend is the 0.19beta3 (downloaded binaries).
Backend is MythTV-0.19 recompiled myself (with a patch for the conditional access applied).
It takes a long time to start watching TV. Usually the first try the frontend times out, then starting Watch TV the second time it goes OK.
kdewaal: So you really get Twinhan Cab CI working with MythTV 0.20?

The release notes of this new 0.20 version states that this card now is supported. The problem is to find anyone, bu you, that actually have it working...

Can you once again confirm that the card is working with MythTV? 0.20?
Do you also succeed in encrypting PayTV channels (ex: Canal+ etc)?

Thanks in advance!

Regards
Martin