At the moment trying out the nfs-minimyth-0.23.1-77b1 and having problems. At boot pxe loads the kernel and starts it up then everything goes black and nothing happens.
Tried the debug option, no difference.
Would like to point out that nfs-minimyth-0.23.1-75 boots fine with the same setup.
The hardware is a Zotac HD-ID33BR (http://www.zotacusa.com/zotac-zbox-zbox ... ni-pc.html)
And I need the hid-twinhan + the USB3 driver that is included in 77b1, that's why I would like to get this going.
Very eager to help any way I can. Reasonable knowledge of Linux.
Got the kernel further by adding acpi=off to the bootargs (APPEND in pxe config file)
Now next problem:
The kernel Oops in __d_lookup+0x61
[<c1086a2a>] ? __d_lookup+0x61/0xf5
[<c12da03e>] ? put_rpccred+0x2d/0xd3
[<c107ecbe>] ? do_revalidate+0x9/0x36
So it seems like the unionfs is the problem at this time.
Will continue the investigations.
This could possibly be related to a change in the VFS layer of kernel 2.6.28 running together with NFS (commit c83ce989cb5ff86575821992ea82c4df5c388ebc in kernel GIT). Seems to be fixed in 2.6.39.
Could you create a test version with 2.6.39 Pablo?
I haven't got the build system running well enough yet to create my own build.
http://us.generation-nt.com/patch-nfs-c ... 93322.html
Not much we can do about it, but perhaps add the proposed patch.
=> Upgrade the uninofs to 2.5.9. From the changelog:
- updated for 2.6.39-rc5, 188.8.131.52, and 184.108.40.206.
- bugfix (2.6.38+): pass nameidata to lower NFS file system, no NULL deref
- bugfix (2.6.38+): don't leave leftover dentries after unmount (->permission)
- bugfix (2.6.37+): force only one open lower file after copyup in open(2)
- bugfix (2.6.37+): revalidate files which are open but unlinked
- bugfix (2.6.37+): remove whiteout if regular file also exists
- bugfix (2.6.37+): remove whiteout of open, ftruncated, readonly files
- bugfix (2.6.37+): find lower inode properly in ->setattr
The first item about nameidata is what we want )